About the Partnership
This website is a service provided by the Heathfield Partnership Trust Ltd, a charity, and it is designed to inform residents and visitors of what the town and community have to offer. Please take a look at the information on the site, which we hope you will find informative and interesting. If you are a resident or running a business in the community we would hope that this website provides all the information you may need. Please contact us if there are new ideas that you would like to see incorporated. For people visiting the site for the first time I welcome you to Heathfield.
The Heathfield Partnership works for the people of Heathfield and surrounding villages. There were five major objectives at the commencement of the Partnership in 1995 and these have been expanded several times to increase the role of revitalisation in the community. The current projects are:
- Inward investment - such as installing five tourist/information boards, three new gateway signs and eleven signs to car parks and public amenities and producing a shopper’s guide (available to download from this website below).
- To create a new indoor swimming pool and improved leisure facilities for Heathfield at Heathfield Community College.
Continually updating this website.
- To operate a community bus scheme.
- To support our own Police Force in serving our community and to look at priority issues.
- Holding a monthly Farmers Market selling local produce (see Farmers Market section).
- Working in partnership with Tomorrow's People on the Heathfield Works! project - getting young people not in education, employment or training back into one of these three sectors.
- The creation of an Enterprise Centre in Heathfield for start-ups/small businesses.
The Heathfield Partnership comprises people from various local organisations, such as officers and appointed representatives of East Sussex County Council, Wealden District Council and Heathfield and Waldron Parish Council. There are also representatives from Heathfield Chamber of Commerce, Churches Together in Heathfield, Heathfield Community College, Heathfield Community College Youth Council and Heathfield and Waldron Rotary Club.
Cllr Rupert Simmons
The Heathfield Partnership Trust Ltd
As at: October 2014
The Heathfield Partnership Trust Limited's primary objectives are to work in collaboration with relevant partner organisations for the benefit of the residents of the parish of Heathfield and Waldron. These should include the following themes: Economy, Infrastructure, Community Welfare and Communication.